At all times, Hayama Hayato is answering expectations.
Overall Impressions and etc:
Anime rushed harder than I could say rushed. RUSHED. It’s especially bad in the first half. Also, no Zaimokuza. Feel really hates our chuuni. Next episode might be an anime original or volume 11. Anime is simply an advertisement for the source material, Japan please. Anime is kill, but at least I got to see the scenes I’ve been wanting to see in motion.
I guess my biggest disappointment, aside from the rushed pacing, was the change to Yukino’s present scene. It was a lot more heartwarming in the novel especially since it shows how far they’ve gone as friends, Yukino in particular since she probably hasn’t received any meaningful presents from friends ever since whatever happened in the past. Plenty of nuances got ruined too, particularly in regards to the dynamic between Hachiman and Yukino versus Hayama and Miura; Hachiman -> Yukino and Miura -> Hayama. It plays into the infirmary scene where Hachiman asks Yukino something personal for the first time.
- Infirmary scene
- Cheers from the girls
- Haruno meeting at the conference room and getting walked home
- Iroha’s sly (or foxy in Commie’s terms) question to Hachiman about dating someone
- Cat mittens and PC glasses presents to Yukino
- Yukino wearing the mittens and handing Hachiman a can of MAX COFFEE
- Totsuka helping with the marathon for Hachiman’s plan of isolating Hayama
- Hachiman irritated by the rumors
- Iroha getting Hachiman to carry the boxes inciting jelly from the other two girls
- Meguri, Zaimokuza, Saki
- Yukino was supposed to receive her presents after meeting their mom at the cafe
- Haruno waving from the Student Council room where Iroha occupied her time
- Hiratsuka-sensei and her recommendation of Hachiman becoming a teacher since it might suit him
- Miura’s confrontation with Yukino was radically changed to just conversation, the physical violent attempt was omitted